Pages

Friday, June 29, 2007

Thank you Sara Orem.

After quickly finishing my brunch, I rushed off to attend a seminar on ‘Changes in Teaching Methodology’ where I was invited as a guest speaker. It seems my 20 years of teaching experience is recognized in certain sectors though I don’t view myself as an expert.

In the just concluded exam results, some of my students scored state ranks and the news papers published their photographs along with their marks scored and where they studied. This made people look up and invited me as their guest speaker.

When my turn came, after expressing my gratitude for the opportunity to speak among scholars, I explained that my teaching methodology was based on the four Ds- Discovery, Dream, Design and Destiny. Then I quoted Sara Orem, PhD, an adjunct faculty member at Capella University, an accredited, fully online university and her book titled ‘Appreciative Coaching: A Positive Process for Change’, that has been my inspiration.

Like me who has my own coaching academy, Sara too Orem is the principal of her own coaching firm in addition to serving as a faculty member and coach in Capella University’s School of Business and Technology.

At the end of my speech, I gave the audience the web site address of Capella University which is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA), Ncahlc.org.

Answering a few concerned queries, I assured then that the cost of continuing education online is comparatively less than attending regular classes in other universities.

This blog post is based on information provided by Blogitive. For more information, please visit Blogitive.com.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

No comments: