Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

The noise and hype about social media marketing.


Obviously there is a lot of noise and hype about promoting your blogs through social media websites like Digg, Delicious, Mixx and Sphinn. I have deliberately cut short the list.

I think bloggers who actively mention about the importance of social media sites to the world of blogging have not fully exposed the secret behind the value of social media sites.

Like you and thousands of other bloggers, I too submit my blog posts occasionaly in Digg and Reddit only to draw a blank in terms of new visitors. No! Don't start writing that content is important. I know.

Unless, you have a big and loyal following in Digg like sites and they all Digg your submission that pushes it to the front page, there is no way your blog can get traffic. Let this sink in now!

Everyone is busy submitting their favorite links in social media sites; none is remotely interested in reading yours.

Enhanced by Zemanta
Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

1 comment:

hily said...

Yes I agree with that everyone is BUSY in submitting links but no one INTERESTED in reading post.
Locksmith Training North East