Pages

Friday, July 13, 2007

The history of Disney's Blizzard Beach.


Historical facts about anything modern and contemporary are very interesting to me. It gives a sense of connection with the past.

Before I travel to a place, I will read all its history. If my planned vacation doesn’t materialize, I could share my knowledge with you through my blogs. I could tell my students in between the mathematics class to break the monotony.

Blizzard Beach at Disney Land was once a ski resort. As the Disney story goes, an uncharacteristic winter storm happened to go through Central Florida, leaving mountains of snow and ice, which led to the development of Florida’s first and only ski resort.

However, as the normal Florida heat returned, the mountains of snow quickly melted, and the ski slopes gave way to today’s amazing water slides at the park we now know as Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park.

I owe my gratitude for this wonderful information to orlandofuntickets.com from where one can buy discounted prepaid Disney Tickets for all of the theme parks at Orlando or for a few specific shows.

When at Orlando, enjoy the thrill of falling flat on your back from 120 feet at 55 mph at Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

No comments: