Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Do you love Inns?

From the times of reading English Classic to the contemporary Jeffery Archer and Robert Ludlum, I have developed a fascination for country inns. Vivid description of those inns in remote villages by Arthur Conan Doyle and the respective hosts who are always old and kind still etched in my memory.

I believe it will be the same for many Indians for whom such concepts are new.Invariably, those inns are called Bed and Breakfast inns because travelers and passersby stop over only for a quick brunch after catching a short nap. I suppose the inns are meant only for that and not for longer stay.

If you are also the person who says “I love Inns”, then please check out iloveinns.com.

A beautifully designed website, it is a directory of inns located all over America. One can easily search and locate an inn and if you happen to operate an inn or know someone who owns an inn, this is the place.

Oh, as an after thought, I felt this blog post is incomplete without an image of an inn and I give below one which is O’Flaherty’s Dingeldein House, a historic inn located in Lancaster County, in the heart of Pennsylvania’s Amish Country. Isn't it tranquil?

A very useful website for travelers who love inns.


Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

No comments: