Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Inspired by Titleist’s motto….

I was watching the one day cricket match between India and Scotland with my family when I was interrupted by a long distance call. Though annoyed, I got up to answer it.

I am glad I did that because it was a call from a leading copywriting company. The caller identified herself as the company’s PRO and verified my identity. Then she informed that I had won the first prize for the copywriting competition that I had participated but duly forgotten about it.

The competition was for Titleist golf clubs that are already known to increase your distance and spin, refine your accuracy, and get you out of jams. For the competition, I did some research in the Internet and found that Titleist is a brand name owned by the Acushnet Company, headquartered in Fairhaven, Massachusetts.

Inspired by Titleist's most famous mottos "The #1 ball in golf" and "Serious clubs for serious golfers" I wrote a dozen slogans meant for sports magazines.

I also dug around Billy Andrade a longtime Titleist user who won that first tournament with the new Pro V1 ball. The fact that Titleist golf balls are the top-selling golf balls in the United States also helped me to come out with several options.

I was very happy to have won the copywriting competition and we celebrated with the win by India.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

No comments: