Pages

Saturday, December 15, 2007

New interface for your digital entertainment system.

Somehow I could not remove a nagging feeling. Actually I should be happy with my purchase of a Blu-Ray disc and player. I already have my home theater system in a cozy place in my new house.

My son played with all those cables, flipped through the manual several times and managed to give the connection. But he murmured his displeasure about the lack of something which is beyond my understanding.

When questioned, he conformed to my self image and explained about something called HDMI switches. HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is the first and only industry-supported, uncompressed, all-digital audio/video interface. HDMI provides an interface between any audio/video source, such as a set-top box, DVD player, or A/V receiver and an audio and/or video monitor, such as a digital television (DTV), over a single cable.

My son told me about the importance of uncompressed data and signal transfers to experience video for the highest, crispest image quality.

Ah yes, the unidentified nagging feeling-it is the look of pride in my son’s face that was not there before.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

No comments: