Pages

Monday, May 05, 2008

Engraved gold anklets.

It is our custom to present the first time lady visitors to our house with a sari. This tradition is being followed by all the Indian families that can afford it.

And none will refuse the gift; their pride will not come in the way. It is considered rude to refuse to accept the sari.

Yesterday, I had the shock of my life when my gift was refused however politely. The guest apologetically asked if she can get another dress that is not a sari; she wanted something short.




Noticing my odd look, she shyly showed her legs that are adorned by a pair of beautiful new gold anklets. So, that’s it! She did not prefer a sari because that will conceal the gold anklet.

I thought gold is not worn on legs!

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

No comments: