Pages

Saturday, May 10, 2008

New blog directories.

Well, they are new for me. I found about 6 blog directories that are not in my list of blog directories so I call them new but they must have been online for some time now.

What is the most distressing thing while I submit my blogs to blog directories is the reciprocal link checking. Almost every blog directory has this bug.

See, I don't mind linking back. In fact I want to link to them. But there is a bug that is always there in most of the directories that says, "A link to the directory cannot be found in the URL you have specified" but the link that I placed is very much alive.

Another annoying factor is there won't be any way to let the blog directory owner about the bug because there won't be a 'Contact us' link. They are blissfully unaware of their directory's short comings.

What an inefficiency!
Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

3 comments:

http://www.photographicpointofview.com said...

That's the pits, Rangan. I'd be annoyed too.

We've been away in our RV for ten days but are home now. Now to try to catch up. =)

Hope all is well with you.

Mary

Anonymous said...

Malathy:

If you want an up-to-date list of the Top 101 Blog Directories & Submission Sites, I maintain a list on my blog:

TrafficNymphomaniac.com

Since I update this blog directory list weekly there are now 164 entries.

Hope you find some new and valuable directories and RSS feeds to join.

By the way, I have several sub-categories from the list, one of which is "reciprocal links".

Robert A. Kearse

Rangan Badri said...

Thanks both of you.
I will go over your list of blog dirs Robert and give a write up in this blog. Watch for it and thanks a lot for your list.