Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Does pinging increase traffic?

I don't think so. No pinging service contributes to getting traffic. This makes me wonder where all those pinging takes place and what happens after pinging? Are the pinged results crawled by search engine spiders?

What is pinging?
"Ping is a program that sends a series of packets over a network or the Internet to a specific computer in order to generate a response from that computer. The other computer responds with an acknowledgment that it received the packets". Source:Indiana University

In my early days of Internet marketing, I used these two services quite frequently.
http://www.pingoat.com/
http://www.pingomatic.com/

Gradually, as the work load increased, I simply did not find time to ping. Can anyone tell me if I should revive manual pinging?
Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are a few more tips on how to get more traffic for you. How To Get Traffic From Non-English Domains

Regards

scatterhaiku said...

been wondering about this myself actually. i used to use ping-o-matic, but stopped after i was advised that i was pinging too often, which surprised me since i was hardly pinging at all. but anyway, might give it another try when i update my blog later. will swing by here again after a bit to check if you got other feedback. :)