Pages

Monday, November 10, 2008

Microblogging as a blog promotion avenue.

Literally I stumbled on to the word micro-blogging yesterday. What a concept! I liked it immediately and without a second thought, I signed up myself with Tumblr, the earliest microblog on the blogosphere and also the most popular one.

What is the benefit for bloggers?
I view it as an excellent avenue to promote myself as a blogger and a freelancer. In the words of Tumblr, "Tumblr makes it effortless to share text, photos, quotes, links, music, and videos, from your browser, phone, desktop, email, or wherever you happen to be. Also, you can change the appearance of your Tumblog, tweak everything from colors to your theme's HTML markup. Even use your own domain name. If blogs are journals, tumblelogs are scrapbooks. You can also look at tumblelogs as slightly more structured blogs that make it easier, faster, and more fun to post and share stuff you find or create"-Very good description-won't you agree?


Here is my Tumblr. I made a few posts, shared an audio and an image. If you browse through other tumblrs, you will realize its potentially to promote your blogs, business and increase your online contacts.

<
Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

3 comments:

NAVAL LANGA said...

To Ms. Malathy Badri

I have just read some of your posts. I would like to read the rest later, as I liked the rich language you used while writing, and the useful information you give to the bloggers.

I am a writer. If you are interested in short stories and paintings, then a flying visit to my blogs would be a good idea.

Naval Langa

Rangan Badri said...

Thank you Barbara. I wish your blog iPod Depot all the success.

Rangan Badri said...

Your news blog looks great Naval Langa. But reduce to max 3 posts per page to generate more blog pages.