Pages

Sunday, March 01, 2009

A mathematician turned plumber.


My husband’s procrastination killed my patience. I could not stand his laziness anymore. This is too much.

After all, I bought the Delta faucet set with my credit card. It is me who is going to pay for it. I only need my husband’s help to install it in the guest’s bathroom and he has been giving lame excuses.

So, I decided to do it on my own. I bought a DIY (Do It Yourself) book on bathroom remodeling. After reading a couple of pages, I was stuck. Those plumbing tools made no sense to me. I don’t have them in the first place and even if I had, I would not know how to use them.

I avoided my husband’s scornful look. I knew I am taking a beating. Fixing faucets is just not a woman’s job that has never used any tools in her life apart from the whiteboard marker if at all that can be considered as a tool.

Finally, some compassion oozed out from my husband and we both installed the Delta faucet with the help of the self help book. Look at them, aren’t they gorgeous?

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

No comments: