Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My son taught me a lesson.

Which mother would expect her 24-year-old son to behave like a 40-year-old man? My son took me by surprise when gifted three books for his father on his silver jubilee wedding day. The surprise element was not because of his kind gesture but because of the title of the books.

Top spiritual leaders authored all the three books. I never knew that my son is aware of his father’s reading preferences. They hardly meet and talk to each other.

I would like to mention about one book written by Lam Surya Das entitled, “Letting go of the person you used to be’. I have heard about Lama’s books long before. In fact, until I saw the book gifted by my son, I had forgotten about my desire to read the very book that my son bought for his father.

The other two books also are about spiritual development written by Dr.Wayne Dyer and Joe Vitale.

My husband shamelessly appreciated his son’s knowledge of spirituality. I learnt something valuable from my son. I too should be sensitive to my husband’s desires.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

No comments: