Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Right degree for right tech jobs.


I am all geared up for forthcoming parents meet. This is an annual meeting where I would be grilled by the parents of my students and the topic will be always on choice of subject for the higher education, preferred colleges, job selection and so on.

Last year, I noticed a distinct change in the students’ attitude. Many opted to go for jobs, especially tech jobs. Indians traditionally preferred clerical jobs but the change in their choice of tech jobs warranted to equip them accordingly.

One of my friends in Sri Lanka told me that the Lankans are in urgent need of technically equipped young graduates. Taking cue, I searched for highly recommended colleges across the Europe and the U.S. and noted down several degree programs offered by colleges in the U.S. and Canada.

There is a particular website that I liked which every student should visit and browse through for choosing the right degree.

Here is that site: job.com

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

No comments: