Pages

Friday, June 13, 2008

Listen to Chris on secrets of social bookmarking.

Sometimes (I mean rarely), the comments for my blog posts turn out to be meaningful and lead me to gain further knowledge in Internet marketing.

I was first terribly impressed with Chris Lang's knowledge about social bookmarking and hence introduced him to you in a small way through my blog post, "Think again before submitting .."
I would request you to read the comments that pos received so far and you will know more about Chris Lang.

He goes like this: "So social bookmarking if done wrong can actually hurt you." This will awaken many of us who are just dumping links on social bookmarks hoping to get backlinks.

I for one doing just that-dumping and hoping to get readers and backlinks. I think the time has come to buy his e-book on "social marketing".
Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've played around a bit with social bookmarking. But not much. I haven't done it with backlinks in mind...but rather for traffic. However, I find that conversion rates of any kind (even AdSense clicks) are nearly nonexistent. I like StumbleUpon...but it's also true that people "stumble in" without intention...therefore, they're not likely to hang around and do anyting (such as subscribe, click on an ad or buy something).

Rangan Badri said...

Thanks for your feedback and sharing your experience.

Stumbleupon is the least traffic producer for me.

Anonymous said...

social bookmarking can deliver a good number of traffic but for i think this is not much on gaining BL because most of the social bookmarking site has "no follow" attribute.