Pages

Friday, December 19, 2008

Tips to choose profitable affiliate programs.

A new blogger who is sincerely trying to monetize his blog will easily get carried away by signing up to each and every affiliate program that he comes across by reading money making blogs.

I don't blame you if you are one, as I too was like that several years ago. Here are some useful tips to choose the right affiliate program.

1. Don't fall for big players alone assuming that they are the best. It is not always true. For example, I am sure you are aware of the stalwart CJ (Commission Junction). They only encourage U.S. marketers. Most of the their merchants will reject your application if you are elsewhere. It is true some of their merchants will auto approve your application but such merchants' products or services are not in big demand. It is my experience. (I am in India)

2. Choose and apply for products/services that will be most useful to you. This is a smart way to think on the lines of others' needs. I would definitely recommend the following two popular affiliate directories. Both have excellent products that even I am able to sell.

Pepperjam Network


My Help Hub

3. Will you buy a product purely based on popularity than need? No, you won't. At least I won't. I will remember this principle while promoting products.

4. Look for products that offer a minimum of 20% commission on sale price.

5. If an affiliate directory pays only when you reach $200, don't join even if they offer high commission rate. It is quite probable that their products are not in demand.

6. Don't accept check payments if you are outside U.S. Accept only through Paypal.

7. Be prepared to get payments only after 45 days of making a sale because of refund policy.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

No comments: