Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Don't build links.

"Don't build links like you have been doing thus far"-This headline screams at me at several places in the web. Some of the most respected blogs carry an in-depth article on the futility of building links in the ways that we have been taught.

Google keeps changing its algorithms to fine tune their search results and it is penalizing blogs and web sites that show in-bound links from totally unrelated and spammy sites. Google is especially firm in lowering the existing search engine rankings of sites that boats of hundreds of profile links.

Therefore, first stop buying/building profile links. Don't waste your time and money. If you don't believe me, do your research and decide for yourself.
The following in-bound linking methods are still considered important:
* Blogs comments left on blogs of same niche with a higher PR than yours
* The same applies to signature links in forums
* Build Squidoo lens with a link back to your blog

As far as I have gathered, article marketing is almost useless. Of course, if your article gets syndicated, it is valuable.

I recently read an wonderful article on this issue by Lee Dobbins. I am sorry I forgot the link. f I get it back, I will update this blog post.

Ah yes, here it is-the informative article by Lee Dobbins. It is a 'must-read' piece.
http://www.websitepromotionblueprint.com/google-slaps-seo-will-your-site-get-deindexed-next
Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

No comments: