Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Do directories follow us?

Two days before, I wrote about my bitter experiences while submitting my blogs to blog directories.

I wanted to speak about another important point to consider while submitting to directories. The main purpose of submitting to directories to get some useful backlinks but what if the directories don't pass on link juice by implementing 'No Follow' attribute?

I feel the directories should indicate this on their home page.

Here is a comment my blog received regarding blog directories.
"If you want an up-to-date list of the Top 101 Blog Directories & Submission Sites, I maintain a list on my blog: TrafficNymphomaniac.com ".

I just had a quick glance of the list and it seems I may find something new. Thanks buddy. But you won't be able to know that I appreciate because you won't allow me to comment on your blog post unless I register and login. Oh, what an annoying thing!
Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Malathy:

Re: The requirement to register and log in in order to comment.

This step is strictly to protect against spam.

Since I have a Wordpress blog, and Wordpress is by far the dominant blog platform I assume that most bloggers will have already registered somewhere.

Then, it simply becomes a matter of a quick log in. My log ins are automated with Robo form.

Still, I'm sorry if you feel the requirement is an onerous burden.

Robert A Kearse

Rangan Badri said...

Thats ok. I just wanted to convey my gratitude and you now got it.
Thats all it matters.
Cheers dear.